2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Engine Options
When you look into purchasing a truck like the Chevy Silverado, you will have a lot of different options when it comes to the engine in your truck. These different engine options can all offer you different performance capabilities for towing, fuel economy, and more. That is why it is important to understand your needs when it comes to your truck and which engine can help you get what you need from your vehicle.
Below, we are going to talk about the 2020 Chevy Silverado and all of its engine options. We are going to help you find the engine option that fits best with the performance you are looking for from your next truck. If you have any questions about the Chevy Silverado 1500 or its capability, you can reach out to us at Ray Chevrolet, your local Fox Lake Chevy dealer.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Engine Options:
- 4.3-liter V6 engine – Your base engine option is a 4.3-liter V6 engine that gives you 285-horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. This engine can tow around 7,700 pounds.
- Turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine – Your turbocharged four-cylinder engine option gives you 310-horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. This engine does not offer you that much towing capacity at under 7,000 pounds.
- 5.3-liter V8 engine – Next, you have a 5.3-liter V8 engine that gives you 355-horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. With this V8 engine, you can get up to 11,000 pounds of towing capacity.
- 6.2-liter V8 engine – Your second V8 engine is 6.2-liter, and it gives you 420-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. With this engine, you have your highest towing capacity at 13,400 pounds.
- 3.0-liter turbodiesel engine – Your 3.0-liter turbodiesel engine gives you 277-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. This engine gives you good fuel economy, as well as the ability to tow over 9,000 pounds.
Which engine option provides you with the performance you are looking for? If you are planning on doing a lot of towing and hauling, the diesel engine or the 6.2-liter V8 engine might be the right option for you. If you are looking for something that is good for just everyday driving, the base V6 engine can provide you with the capability you need.
At your Fox Lake Chevy dealer, we have a great selection of Chevy trucks, cars, and SUVs for sale in Fox Lake. If you are looking to upgrade to a Chevy Silverado 1500, but you don’t know which model to choose, you can reach out to our expert staff. We will be able to match you with the truck that fits best with your life. Reach out to us to set up a test drive today.