Easy Steps to Change a Key Fob Battery
Have you noticed that your Chevy key fob has been slow to react? Or maybe the key has died out completely. Either way, the process of learning how to replace a key fob battery is an easy way to regain all of the handy functions that make Chevy ownership so special. For assistance with changing your Chevy key fob battery, stop into Ray Chevrolet Fox Lake today!
What You’ll Need to Replace the Battery
Before you begin the process of changing the battery in your Chevy key fob, there are a few things you’ll need to make sure you have around first. Of course, the first thing you’ll need is a replacement battery. Not sure what Chevrolet key fob battery type is right? You’ll need a CR2025 battery, which you can get online or at a local hardware or electronics store. To open your Chevy key fob, you’ll also need a small flat head screwdriver with the head wrapped in tape to prevent scratches. Once you have everything, you’re ready to replace your Chevy key fob battery.
How to Replace your Chevrolet Smart Keyless Entry Remote Battery
If you have a recent model year Chevy that offers Remote Keyless Entry, here is how you replace the battery:
- Press the chrome button on the side to be able to pull out the metal key.
- Open the key fob and remove the circuit board and buttons.
- Once you can see the old battery, remove it using a small flathead screwdriver.
- Install a new CR2032 3V battery, making sure that the positive side matches the position of the old battery.
- Replace the components you removed from your key fob, and you’re all set!
How to Replace your Chevrolet Key Fob Remote Battery
Being able to start your day in a vehicle that’s been warmed up in the winter or cooled down during the warmer months makes all the difference. You have that capability with a Chevy remote start key fob, so changing a key fob battery can be a total lifesaver if it died out. Just follow these simple steps.
- Gently insert a flathead screwdriver into the small slot on the side of the key fob. Twist it to open the key fob.
- Before you remove the battery, make note of which direction the positive and negative sides face. Carefully slide out the current battery and replace it with a fresh CR2032 button cell battery.
- Press the key fob back together and enjoy your remote start capabilities!
Visit Ray Chevrolet!
Looking for a Chevy dealer near me? At Ray Chevrolet, we are a family-owned and operated Chevrolet dealer that has been serving residents in Lake and McHenry County for over 40 years. Located on US-12, we are a short driving distance away from each town we serve including McHenry, Chicago, Milwaukee, WI and Elkhorn, WI. As your local Chevy dealer Fox Lake, we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of service and the best experience any customer could ask for at a Chevy dealership in Fox Lake, IL. Visit us for more information on replacing a key fob battery now!