Chevy Trucks Towing Guide
Chevy creates some great trucks, and these trucks are known for the power and capability that they give you. If you want to know how much you can tow with different Chevy truck options, you can check out our Chevy trucks towing guide below.
The Chevy Colorado is a compact truck. This truck offers you a solid performance. It has a base engine that is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, but if you want to do more towing and hauling, you will want to upgrade to one of the other two available engines.
- The 3.6-liter V6 engine produces 308-horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque. This engine also gives you the ability to tow 7,000 pounds.
- Your other engine option in the Colorado is the 2.8-liter turbodiesel engine that gives you 181-horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. This engine gives you the ability to tow 7,700 pounds.
The 2020 Chevy Colorado has a great towing capacity for a compact truck. This vehicle also gives you the ability to haul up to 1,578 pounds when properly equipped. However, if you are looking to do more towing and hauling, you probably want to check out the Silverado 1500 or HD because those trucks offer you even more.
Chevy Silverado 1500
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is a full-size pickup truck, and it can offer you plenty of towing performance. The exact capability of your Silverado 1500 depends on how it is equipped, but you can check out the different towing capacities below.
- The 4.3-liter V6 engine is standard, and it gives you 285-horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. With this engine, you have a towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- Your 5.3-liter V8 engine produces 355-horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. This engine gives you up to 11,600 pounds of towing capacity.
- You can get 310-horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque with the 2.7-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This engine gives you just 6,800 pounds of towing capacity.
- You also have a 3.0-liter turbodiesel six-cylinder engine option. This engine gives you 277-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. The turbodiesel engine gives you 9,300 pounds of towing capacity.
- Finally, your 6.2-liter V8 engine gives you 420-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. This engine offers you the largest towing capacity at 13,400 pounds.
In the Chevy Silverado 1500, you get some great towing capacity, with this vehicle giving you up to 13,400 pounds of towing capacity.
Chevy Silverado HD
The Silverado 1500 offers great capability, but there are Silverado HD trucks that can offer you even more. Check it out.
- The Chevy Silverado 2500 HD provides you with up to 18,510 pounds of towing capacity.
- In the Silverado 3500 HD, you can get up to 35,500 pounds of towing capacity.
As you can see, if you are looking for towing for the toughest jobs the heavy-duty Silverado trucks are right for you.
We hope this towing guide helped give you a better understanding of how much Chevy trucks can tow, and if you have any questions about this, you can reach out to us at Ray Chevrolet. We have a wide selection of trucks here at Fox Lake Chevy that have the towing capability right for you! Shop our online inventory and if you find a Chevy Truck you like we can bring it to you for a test drive!